Santiago del Teide
It used to be called Valle de Santiago and, according to J. Bethencourt Afonso, it belonged to the Menceyato (Kingdom) of Adeja. There are many signs of its pre-Hispanic past.
After the conquest was completed, the first lands were shared out. Juan Cabeza, from Extremadura, was granted land in this area in 1508.
From the very early years, there had been a small church devoted to Santiago in this area. In 1676, Bishop Bartolomé García Jiménez understood the need to create a parish in the region, that was independent of the parish of Buenavista. He therefore approached the Crown, which gave its approval.
The Lord of Valle de Santiago (the manor was created by decree on the 3rd of July, 1663) Fernando del Hoyo y Solórzano, offered to build a new church, devoted to San Fernando, which would include the former church of Santiago. The parish was created on the 9th of September, 1679.
The borough was created as such during the constitutional stage. The manor of Valle de Santiago was eliminated at the beginning of the 19th century, by the Cortes de Cádiz.
Santiago del Teide really started to develop when the main road arrived in 1930, and when water galleries were opened around 1950. Then the tourist boom arrived in the 1970's.