San Miguel de Abona
The borough is within what was the area of Abona, inhabited by the Guanches before the arrival of the Spaniards.
Its history as an independent borough did not start until the end of the 18th century, as it was not until July 1798, that it separated from Vilaflor (Chasna).
This occurred just two years after the parish was created, as happened to Arona, Fasnia and Arafo. Until that moment, the faithful of the borough had to go to mass in neighbouring Granadilla. Millares Torres, however, gives the 19th of March, 1799 as the date when it was declared a parish, stating that its church was later rebuilt with a broad nave and four side chapels.
As with other towns of the area, the main battle it has had to fight has been against isolation and lack of communications with the rest of the island, a battle that was not won until the 1940's.
The second goal the inhabitants of this borough have had to fight for was for water, which they also achieved in the mid 20th century.